Effective date: 3rd November 2020
Our contact details
Name: Great Leaders Matter™
Address: 71-75 Shelton Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2H 9JQ, UNITED KINGDOM
E-mail: [email protected]
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics for example: name and contact details.
How we get the personal information and why we have it.
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- You access Great Leaders Matter™ Executive Coaching Services.
- You wish to attend, or have attended a Great Leaders Matter™
- You subscribe to our email-newsletter
- You have made a complaint or enquiry to us.
- You have made an information request to us.
- You have applied for a job or secondment with us.
- You are representing your organisation.
How we use the personal information
We may use the information gathered on Great Leaders Matter™ for various purposes, including the purposes listed below. For example, if you were to contact us with a question and provide your email address, we would use the email address you provided to respond to your inquiry. In addition, we use information we collect from you and through the Site to:
- Provide products and services you request (such as when you sign up to receive our email newsletters);
- Respond to requests, questions, and comments, and provide other types of user support;
- Offer you products and services via marketing communications, or direct you to portions of this Site or other websites, that we believe may interest you;
- To serve advertising, content and offers to you based on your interests and online activities, from us or third parties;
- Communicate about, and administer your participation in, events, programmes, contests, and other offers or promotions;
- Carry out, evaluate, and improve our business (which may include developing new features for the Site; analysing and enhancing the user experience on the Site; assessing the effectiveness of our marketing and advertising; and managing our communications);
- Perform data analytics regarding usage of the Site (including market and customer research, trend analysis, and financial analysis);
- Guard against, identify, and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims, and other liabilities; and
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, law enforcement requests, and our company policies.
- As part of our business model, with consent and in appropriate cases, we may share this information with psychologists with whom we work. Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are for enhanced clinical support only where necessary.
- The GLM Executive Coach will never share any content, unless it has been specifically agreed in advance in the Great Leaders Matter™ Executive Coaching Services contract. There are, however, two key circumstances when the executive coach must consider the breaching of confidentiality boundary. These are:
- Where there is compelling evidence of serious danger or harm to the client or others, including minors if information is withheld from an appropriate third party.
- When the executive coach has compelling evidence that the client or others are assisting or colluding in conduct which is dishonest, unlawful, or discriminatory.
Under these circumstances, which are clearly defined in the Great Leaders Matter™ Executive Coaching Services contract, the executive coach is under obligation and duty of care to disclose the information to the appropriate authority or third party. In the first instance, the client would be encouraged to make the disclosure themselves, and the executive coach support the client to do this in an agreed manner and timeframe, which clearly should be immediate if there is an issue of harm, child protection, or unlawful behaviour.
You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting [email protected]
We have a contractual obligation.
The processing is necessary for a contract Great Leaders Matter™ Executive Coaching Services has with an individual or organisation, or because an individual or organisation asked Great Leaders Matter™ Executive Coaching Services to take specific steps before entering into a contract.
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored at Great Leaders Matter™ databases.
If you are not actively using our services we keep:
- Your name,
- Email address,
- Telephone number
for 6 calendar months. We will then securely destroy or dispose of your information.
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain appropriate administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal data you provide against accidental, unlawful, or unauthorised destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure, or use. However, it is not possible to guarantee the security of information transmitted online, and you assume some risk with regard to the security of information you provide through any website, including this Site. If you have a data security inquiry, you may contact us by emailing [email protected].
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing - You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at [email protected] if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at [email protected]
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk